If you are seeking out a powerful tool to use for your DIY and home improvement projects, you might need to investigate shopping a brad nailer. A brad nailer is a popular device in any DIY kit because it’s miles very handy and can be used for a whole lot of projects and other Finish Nailer also.
However, there are some matters you need to know about them before you purchase one.
Finish carpentry calls for a tremendously flexible nailer that will no longer only preserve two pieces of wood together however additionally does now not leave massive and ugly holes that require a lot of filling.
The brad nailer fits this description as it’s miles very useful for mild completing works, and it’s miles always wonderful for your house development projects. And so it’s miles a notable idea for every woodworker, hobbyists, and DIYers to get the high-quality brad nailers.
In this guide, we’re going to walk you through the different types which can be for sale, educate you on some of the key additives of nailers and why they’re important, how to select the rights ones, and then wrap up with evaluations of the 7 high-quality options on the market today.
What Is a Brad Nailer?
Brad nailers are electrically powered nail guns which can be used for smaller applications wherein you want to keep away from splitting wooden surfaces. Most brad nailers shoot 18-gauge nails, often known as brads, which can be the smallest kind of nails, with a duration of 5/8 to 2 1/8 inches.
They are so small that there is no need to refill the nail holes with wood putty to cover it. They are almost invisible on most wooden surfaces and that’s one of the primary advantages of the use of one. If you looked around your house, I’m positive you’ll be able to locate dozens of places wherein these had been used.
Uses of a Brad Nailer
Brad nailers are very versatile and can be used for many one-of-a-kind small woodworking projects which include the following:
- Installing baseboards
- Installing panelling
- Installing casings
- Upholstery projects (one of the most common use cases)
- Replacing or repairing trim work around home windows and doors
- Replacing the decorative crown moulding
- Making chairs, cabinets, and other furniture (an irreplaceable tool for this!)
- Arts and crafts initiatives for your property or office (e.G. photo frames, creating models, making children’s toys)
Small creation tasks
BOSTITCH BTFP12233 18GA Brad Nailer
The BOSTITCH Nail Gun, Brad Nailer comes easily permits you to paintings on home improvement projects with ease. This power tool additionally comes with a trigger device and tool-free jam launch mechanism for easy nail removal. It permits you to select from trigger system and countersinking options that first-rate meet your challenge needs.
Oil-unfastened operation reduces the hazard of oil stains. Tool-loose jam launch mechanism for clean nail removal, Dial-A-Depth manage for unique countersinking of brad nails, in conjunction with a selectable trigger system for sequential or contact operation.
This power tool by way of BOSTITCH also functions a ¼ inch air fitting, rear air exhaust and belt hook with an integrated pencil sharpener, supplying you with the remaining convenience. This tool offers a stepped forward control and versatility when fastening into various kinds of materials. Not only will you locate this device convenient, but also find it amazingly easy to use.
The design of this power device makes is straightforward and smooth for nail placement due to a smaller nostril. In addition, the ergonomic sporting case so you can carry this nail gun for your workspace.
DEWALT DWFP12231,18GA, 5/8-Inch to 2-Inch Brad Nailer
The new DEWALT DWFP12231 18 gauge, 2-Inch Brad Nailer Kit is a brilliant tool with many attractive qualities. It capabilities protracted lifestyles maintenance-loose motor to keep from staining the surface of the painting. The magnesium frame promises a sturdy and lightweight design.
It also capabilities a device-unfastened depth -of-force adjustment with detents for the correct placing of nail heads, together with a device-loose jam launch mechanism for smooth nail removal. The rear exhaust allows to keep contaminates far from paintings. This unit is made to force 18 gauge nails from 5/8″ to 2″ in length, with a sequential fashion trigger, and one hundred nail magazine capacity.
This unit has a detachable non-marring nostril tip with on tool storage, and an integrated rubber grip for stepped forward comfort and anti-slip grip. It additionally has an adjustable belt hook which permits the device to be kept near the user. This package also consists of a carrying case and owner’s guide. Refer instruction manual before use. A compressor is required and not included.
- Extended-life maintenance-free motor to keep from staining the surface of the painting
- Tool-unfastened depth-of-power adjustment with detents for the correct placing of nail heads
- Tool-free jam launch mechanism for smooth nail removal
- Rear exhaust to keep contaminates faraway from work. Operating stress 70 – 120 psi
- Power Source: Pneumatic. Power Tool Type: Pneumatic.
- Note: There are not any nails included
- The compressor is required to apply this product but isn’t always included
Hitachi NT50AE2 18-Gauge 2-Inch Brad Nailer
The lightweight Hitachi NT50AE2 2-Inch 18-Gauge Brad Nailer is an ideal device for small carpentry projects. Featuring a high-potential magazine, exhaust vent, clean intensity-of-pressure adjustments, and a detachable nose cap for prolonged device life, this pneumatic brad nailer will help you tackle the whole thing from cupboard installation and picture-frame assembly to furniture construction and end paintings.
Featuring selective actuation for making device-less firing transitions, the NT50AE2 Brad Nailer can be used for a number of one-of-a-kind applications. By truly sliding the choice manipulate up or down together with your hand, you can pick among intermittent and continuous firing.
Intermittent firing is good for jobs that require specific driving, at the same time as the continuous setting may be used to hearth nails at a rapid tempo by using a bumping motion alongside the workpiece.
- Selective Actuation allows the user to choose bump hearth or contact hearth modes with the easy turn of a switch
- At best 2.2 lbs, this end nailer is light-weight & well-balanced making it clean to use all day long
- Elastomer grip adds consolation and prevents slippage
- Tool-less, smooth to clear nostril for brief and easy nail extraction ought to a nail jam all through use
- Engineered with the protection behind the narrow nose piece and a short centre height lets in for nail placement in hard to reach areas and corners
- Depth of drive dial lets in the consumer to effortlessly modify the force intensity for an expert finish
- 360 Degree adjustable exhaust port continues dust, particles and oil off the finished project
- Lightweight aluminium frame and composite magazine provide a device that reduces user fatigue
NuMax SBR50 Pneumatic 18-Gauge Ergonomic and Lightweight Straight Brad Nailer
Compatible with 18 gauge brad nails from 5/8″ to 2″, this air-powered nail gun has an aluminium aspect loading mag with a reload indicator to will let you understand while fasteners are walking low. The ergonomic layout of this durable die-cast aluminium brad nailer provides exquisite stability during use, and the consolation grip manage reduces fatigue and delivers particular control. A 360-degree adjustable exhaust lets in you to direct air far from your face and paintings surface.
- Pro Design: This brad nailer is good for ornamental trim, shoe moulding, baseboard, crown moulding, base moulding, door and window casing, door installation, chair rails, handrails, and lots of other tasks. It makes use of 18 gauge straight brad nails from 5/8″ to 2″.
- The Right Tool for the Job: We’re committed to providing terrific value, pinnacle tier customer support and long-lasting, high pleasant merchandise. We make nailers and staplers for every purpose, from roofing to siding to flooring and the whole thing in between.
- Quality and Durability: We manufacture equipment with the maximum long-lasting materials underneath strict exceptional manage guidelines, appropriate for professional contractors and do-it-yourselfers alike. Our equipment is sold, distributed, serviced, and warrantied within the USA.
- Tough and Dependable: We make an array of long-lasting construction equipment and accessories, consisting of staplers and nailers for siding, floors, framing, finish, and roofing. Compare our merchandise to similar items by way of Makita, Hitachi, Bostitch, Senco, Paslode, and Dewalt.
PORTER-CABLE BN200C 2-Inch 18GA Brad Nailer
The Porter-Cable BN200C 18GA 2-Inch Brad Nailer Kit has a magnesium frame that delivers each a sturdy and lightweight design. The brad nailer capabilities a removable non-marring nostril tip with on tool storage as well as an included rubber grip for improved comfort. The BN200C is ready with a low nail to reload indicator to help alert while to reload and has a special hardened driver blade for longer lifestyles. The BN200C package includes : Nailer, ¼” fitting, wearing case and proprietors manual.
Makita AF505N 2-Inch Brad Nailer
The Makita AF505N Brad Nailer comes without difficulty and permits you to paintings on home development initiatives with ease. This power tool additionally comes with a selective actuation at the trigger, making an allowance for either sequential or touch nailing.
This power device by way of Makita additionally capabilities a tool hook, providing you with the last convenience. The tool-less depth of pressure adjustment offers an progressed control and versatility when fastening into various forms of materials. Not simplest will you discover this device convenient, however also discover it tremendous easy to use.
The layout of this power device makes it simple in order to extract a jammed nail from any floor. In addition, the ergonomic non-slip rubber grip at the handle allows in maintaining a secure hold and comfort throughout use.
With an stepped forward trigger layout, the Makita AF505N Brad Nailer gives a fast response and lovely driving force power. This power tool can drive nails even into the hardest of materials with ease and minimum guide effort.
- Narrow nostril design permits clean nailing get right of entry to in restrained areas
- “Tool much less” quick launch cam-lock opens nail guide assembly to easily clear jammed nails; Efficient layout minimizes downtime
- Easy to use “tool-less” depth adjustment dial for a wide style of end applications
- Non-marring rubber nostril and bumpers guard the wood’s surface from being scratched or damaged
- Tool hook may be circled 180° so the tool can remain close through but by no means inside the way
- Cast and machined nose piece for unique contact
DEWALT DC608K 18-Volt 18-Gauge 2-Inch Brad Nailer
The DEWALT DC608K cordless brad nailer combines the precision of hand nailing with the pace and simplicity of pneumatic nailing. With this compact, portable device, you can drive brads ranging in duration from 5/8 inch to 2 inches as unexpectedly as 5 brads in keeping with the second. And quality of all: no compressor to buy and no air hose to pull around.
The 7.4-pound tool is powered by using a rechargeable 18-volt battery and shoots readily available 18-gauge brads. Its straight, box-fashion mag holds one hundred ten brads and is in particular designed to seal out dust and debris that can purpose the nailer to malfunction. The DC608 can fireplace nails via softwood, hardwood, plywood, and other sheet goods.
The device’s narrow, tapered nose suits into tight spaces, such as underneath toe-kicks and interior of cabinets.
Choose among two working modes: sequential for one-at-a-time nailing, or high-velocity bump firing for speedy production paintings. Other capabilities include particular depth-control mechanism, swing-open nosepiece for clearing jams, safety contact lock-off that disables the cause, and a reversible belt hook.
- Engine design permits the tool to work as rapid as the give up a person with steady nail penetration into both smooth and hard joints
- Sequential working mode lets in for precision placement and the bump working mode provides the person with manufacturing speed.
- Straight mag, accepts 18 gauge nails ranging in lengths from 5/8-inch to 2-inch
- Easy get right of entry to to the nosepiece for the removal of jammed nails without using screwdrivers or device wrenches
- Part of the XRP DEWALT Cordless system; Contact Trip Lock-Off allows cause to be disabled when not in use
- Engine design allows the device to paintings as rapid as the give up user with consistent nail penetration into both gentle and hard joints
- Sequential operating mode lets in for precision placement and the bump working mode presents the person with production pace.
- Straight mag, accepts 18 gauge nails ranging in lengths from 5/8-inch to 2-inch. Integrated LED lights for long existence and durability
- Easy get admission to to the nosepiece for the elimination of jammed nails without using screwdrivers or device wrenches
- Part of the XRP DEWALT Cordless system; Contact Trip Lock-Off allows the cause to be disabled when not in use
PORTER-CABLE 20V MAX Cordless Brad Nailer
The PORTER-CABLE PCC790LA 20V MAX Lithium 18GA Brad Nailer Kit is 100 per cent battery powered which eliminates need for compressor, hose or highly-priced gasoline cartridges. The unique motor design provides regular firing strength into numerous substances and weather conditions. This nailer capabilities more than one device unfastened settings to offer elevated productivity and consumer safety.
The unit’s lightweight and optimal centre of gravity provide consumer comfort in more than one positions reducing person fatigue. It also offers multi-functional dual LED lighting to light up your workspace, and indicate errors.
- NO COMPRESSOR NEEDED: This cordless brad nailer is battery powered, casting off the want for a compressor, hose, or costly fuel cartridges.
- CONSISTENT DRIVING DEPTH: Our depth adjustment wheel permits you to well countersink nails consistently. Nail Diameter: 18 gauge
- INCREASED PRODUCTIVITY: A tool-free launch lever, jam release, and depth adjustment wheel make your life easier.
- BETTER RUNTIME: Included 1.5 Ah 20Volt MAX Lithium-ion battery lasts longer than NiCad, charger included. Integrated Belt Hook: Yes
Ryobi P320 Airstrike 18 Volt Cordless Brad Nailer
The Ryobi P320 brad nailer has comparable energy to some fuel-powered nailers and the ease of a cordless strength tool. Any nailing task you may need to carry out across the house, from installing roofing tiles to reinforcing joints, can be executed with the P320. On a unmarried charge of a four amp hour battery from Ryobi’s One+ system, you could fire up to seven-hundred nails up to 50 millimetres long.
Adjust your depth with an onboard dial so you do no longer have to worry approximately fiddling with more tools. Be positive to see what you are operating on with the built-in LED lighting, and preserve it accessible with the connected belt clip. Get what you need to get executed with the P320. It’s constructed for work, so get to it.
- Drives as much as 1700 nails per rate
- No compressors, hoses or costly fuel cartridges required. Cordless design offers both comfort and advanced performance.
- Convenient adjustment dial regulates the air pressure for maximum results.
- Low-nail indicator to fast and easily see when it is time to reload
- Includes: 18-V ONE AirStrike 18-Gauge Cordless Brad Nailer, Battery offered separately
Senco FinishPro 18 18 Gauge Sequential Brad Nailer with Case
It’s chock complete of innovative, time-saving capabilities and has a snug, lightweight layout to reduce wrist and arm fatigue so that you can get more completed in less time. For delivered convenience, the FinishPro 18 comes with a strong case for compact garage and portability.
- User-Friendly and Built to Last
The FinishPro boasts a heavy-duty frame for tremendous durability, a rear exhaust that continues oil and dust away from the surface of your paintings, and an adjustable intensity of drive that drives staples to a constant and controllable depth.
There’s also an easy-open latch for quicker, extra efficient loading, a no-mar pad to save you nicks, scratches, or other wear and tear from negative your paintings surface and materials, and a secure, snug grip to shield against slipping. Measuring 10 x nine.1 inches (WxH), and weighing simply 2.nine pounds, the FinishPro 18 fits with ease in your hand for all-day control.
- Versatile, Convenient Operation
Both a convenient facet load mag and coffee load indicator make certain that you have the right amount of fasteners to finish each and each process without excessive interruptions. And a belt hook shall we the tool go where you go, whilst a rear bumper offers an additional layer of safety on your paintings floor.
Buyer’s Guide to Brad Nailer
Features to search for whilst choosing a brad nailer
- Nose Design
The nose of the brad nailer is the component that makes contact together with your paintings piece while you’re nailing with it.
It also can be called the end. The nostril layout of the brad nailer you pick out is pretty important due to the fact the nostril design affects how exactly you can sink nails with it. Narrow noses allow more precision through making it possible in order to reach tighter spaces with the tip of the nailer. Sometimes you want to sink a nail/brad into a specific spot and want to ensure that the top of the nailer is on that spot.
A narrow nose gives you a higher line of sight to place your brads exactly at that spot. Bostitch incorporated a very small nose into their Bostitch btfp12233 brad nailer the usage of smart factor tech, which as I said earlier, makes you to work greater exactly with the nailer and offers you a better line of sight. Dewalt also featured a micro nose in their Dewalt DCN680B brad nailer, making the nailer a lot less complicated to work with.
- Anti-dry fire
One more function you want to check for, which isn’t a have to but also vital is an anti-dry hearth mechanism to save you the brad nailer from firing if there are no nails in it. When a nailer or nail gun fires while there may be no nail in the magazine, it is called a dry fire.
The nail gun will fireplace, the plunger or piston within the nailer will attempt to push a nail out, but because the magazine is empty, no nail will pop out from it.
- Nailing Modes Control
The capacity to select how you need to nail is certainly one of the maximum impressive features determined in top best nailers. The touch or bump nailing mode is meant to boom productivity or accelerates your work. It is additionally referred to as speed nailing.
Price is one among those elements that will usually be on your mind whilst shopping for anything, and a brad nailer is no exception. And like any other power tool, logo nailers will are available in varying charge ranges relying on the emblem, type, and model. You can get a brad nailer for as little as $20 or upwards of $250, and so your price range is the biggest determinant of how lots you spend.
A warranty gives you the assurances that you want that your brad nailer will closing for lengthy enough. Hence, it is also a critical aspect to recollect while shopping for one. When it comes to the assurance, the length is the most crucial thing to look at out for as it determines how lengthy you may be blanketed from defects.